This Texas gem and one of the country's top 10 most expansive cities seems to be one of the most popular destinations for young people. Its booming job market has attracted people from all over the country, making it perfect for those who want to start their careers in the right place. If you're planning a move to Houston, this is the perfect guide for you. Find out the best neighborhoods in Houston for young professionals and what would be the best option for you.
Not sure if Houston should be your new home? Think again!
Before we go to the map of Houston, we should also discuss all the benefits you get by moving here. Luckily, this city doesn't lack good reasons to convince you it's the perfect destination for a young person looking for a place to shine and develop their skills. Some of the things you might like about Houston are:
- Affordability – considering Houston is one of the biggest cities in the country, it can be a surprise that it's pretty affordable. The cost of living is far lower than in other metropolitans, which is a massive benefit for those still developing their careers;
- Booming Job Market – one of the main reasons young people decide to move here is the job market that's getting stronger every day. People looking for a job in different industries and entrepreneurs can enjoy a positive business environment and be sure their efforts will pay off.
- No income tax – another advantage for working professionals is the lack of income tax in Texas. It's one of few states that doesn't tax your income, so there's more money you can spend on your home, hobbies, traveling, investments, and more.
- Amazing food scene – Houston's got you covered whether you like street food or fine dining. The food scene in this city is undoubtedly one of the strongest advantages of living here.
- Top-notch education – if you want to continue your education or if you plan on raising a family, you should know that you'll have access to some of the top universities in the country. Texas is known for high-quality education, and living in Houston is the best place to enjoy that.
Finally, Houston offers a variety of suburbs and neighborhoods you can choose from according to your lifestyle, budget, and needs. There's something for everyone in Space City; however, this guide will focus on the best neighborhoods in Houston for young professionals and ways to narrow the list to the places that work for you.
What are the best neighborhoods in Houston for young professionals?
It's not easy to find a place to live. Even though all the Houston areas are great, not every neighborhood will work for you. We've made a selection of places that would be suitable for a younger person who's looking for career opportunities but also wants to have many entertainment options. These neighborhoods will vary in price and some other factors, so be sure to list your priorities first to be able to make the best choice.
Most young professionals want to be in the middle of business and social events, and that's Downtown Houston. It's perfect for those who enjoy an urban lifestyle and want to have all the city amenities at hand. Living in the central part of Houston will give you easy access to the Central Business District, all the major companies and offices, and all the entertainment options.
Washington Avenue Coalition / Memorial Park
This neighborhood is located next to Downtown Houston, a top-rated area in the state, making it perfect for those who enjoy easy access to the main city happenings. Washington Avenue Coalition / Memorial Park is also one of the safest places in the area, which includes many outdoor spaces – one of the best being Memorial Park itself.
This lovely neighborhood boasts a rich history but also fantastic convenience. Living here would mean you can enjoy the proximity to all the top restaurants, but also grocery stores, highways, and airports. This makes it easy to reach all the nearby locations, and relocation to Fourth Ward will be pretty simple. However, if you are planning an interstate move to Houston, don't forget that Houston-based experts can help you get around and move in safely. When you are moved in, you can start exploring Fourth Ward since it is top-rated for its nightlife and diversity, which makes it a favorite choice among young professionals. It provides them a great place to live and various career options, but also a chance to have fun after a long day at work.
Located a bit south of Downton, Midtown makes an excellent choice for young professionals looking for a home in Houston. You can get around on foot; there are various housing options, high-quality nightlife, and many events all year long. It's obvious why Midtown is a favorite among young people. There's so much to do here, so it's easy to socialize and meet new people after moving to a new place.
Yes, the neighborhood gets its name after numerous museums in the area, but there's so much more to this fantastic Houston district. Apart from soaking in all the culture and arts, you can also enjoy the Houston Zoo, play golf at Hermann Park Golf Course and have one of the best meals ever at one of the local eateries. Museum District is famous among those looking for a job in the medical field, as the place has easy access to the Texas Medical Center and Rice University. There are plenty of housing options to choose from, so you don't need to worry about finding a home according to your liking and budget.
Houston's got so much more to offer – you just need to take the first step and move. Start by browsing the best neighborhoods in Houston for young professionals in the Space City, pick a new home, and plan the relocation. After the hard part is over, it's only left for you to enjoy new experiences and all the good things this fantastic city has got in store for you.
For information on other popular neighborhoods, visit out neighborhoods page at https://melissahillbroker.com/neighborhoods. Give us a call today to find the perfect agent for you! 281-450-3623.